Expanding on the Dolch sight words, Dr. Edward B. Fry in 1996 created a new list of high frequency words (“Fry Words”). The Fry instant words are the most common words used in English ranked by order of frequency.
Dr. Fry found that 25 words make up 1/3 of all words published, 100 words make up ½ of all words published and 300 words make up 65% of all written material. These high frequency words should be recognized instantly by young readers.
The Fry words are helpful for adults learning English as a second language as well as for children.
This app has 500 words divided into five levels and then divided into groups of twenty-five words, based on frequency of use and difficulty in a flash card setting.
• 500 Fry Words. Fry Words 2 has the second 500 words
• Words can be marked to the Review list (use the star to mark and menu to clear list)
• The word is read out when the card is touched
• Long press buttons to jump to start or end
• Free and Paid versions are available
Download Fry Words from the Google play store for FREE!
PAID ad-free version of Fry Words is also available.
Fry Words 2 contains the second group of 500 words divided into five levels and then divided into groups of twenty-five words, based on frequency of use and difficulty in a flash card setting. Free and Paid versions are available.